Home The Route Bridge of Orchy to Inveroran
Bridge of Orchy to Inveroran
- Distance / Time: 2 miles (3.2 km) / 1 to 3 hours
- Total Ascent: 175m
- Total Descent: 164m
- Max Height: 323m
- Terrain: This is a short, straightforward stage which acts as an introduction to the wilderness of Rannoch Moor.
- Accommodation: Inveroran
- Refreshments: Inveroran
- Places of Interest:
- From the station, walk down to the minor road towards and across the A82 (take care); continue toward Inveroran on the narrow A8005, which crosses the river over the famous Bridge of Orchy.
- After the bridge, bear left off the tarmac surface onto a path which climbs steadily up through pine forest and moorland. (At the top if you like, you can take a short detour up an obvious hillock to the right. This summit, although only 1000 feet, has some superb views all-round).
- The descent is a series of zigzags, then rejoining the A8005 at the Inveroran Hotel.
- If intending to camp at Inveroran, particularly in periods of heavy rain, please be aware that the site allocated for camping is subject to flooding.